Find the balance in your breathing and be more present with Equal Breathing.
How to practice:
- Sit in a comfortable position. Make sure your back is upright keeping your spine tall. If you prefer, you can do this practice lying on your back or even standing.
- Inhale through your nose for four seconds (or counts), letting your chest and belly expand.
- Exhale through your nose for four seconds (or counts) to push the air out of your lungs.
- Repeat this as long as you need, you feel comfortable.
The benefits of this exercise:
- Reduces stress (regulates the fight-or-flight response of the nervous system)
- Reduces anxiety
- Helps you to focus on the present moment
- Quiets the mind’s chatter
- Balances the breathing and as the result balances the entire body systems
- Calms the mind, calms the body
- Improves breathing capacity
- If there isn’t any health problems available, try to breath in & out through your nose. If you have blocked nose you can try to do the exercise through your mouth. If you are practicing through your mouth limit the maximum time of practice as 10 min.
- If you feel dizzy during the exercise, stop doing the technique and go back to your natural breathing. You can try again either when you feel good or in another day.
With hundreds of meditation apps to pick from, what makes Meditopia so special? Well, unlike most of the other options, Meditopia offers more than just a short-term solution to falling asleep and de-stressing; we offer each member over 1000 deep-dive meditations that get right to the heart of what we as a people, regardless of age, background, or experience, are dealing with every day.
To download the app to your phone for free: https://meditopia.go.link/?adj_t=wdkdl9e Instagram: https://instagram.com/meditopiapp Facebook: https://facebook.com/meditopiapp Twitter: https://twitter.com/meditopiapp