Check in, without a hyphen, is an action verb and denotes your action of checking in somewhere or checking in on something. To check in on someone or something is to actively monitor the security or safety of a person or thing. Before I meet you at the mall, I need to check in on my grandmother to make sure she’s feeling OK. It’s a typical American expression. “Thanks for checking in” can mean: – Thanks for getting in touch. – Thanks for asking my opinion. – Thanks for staying in contact. Check-in, with a hyphen, refers to a place or time where you check in, such as a desk at arrival time, and can be a noun or adjective.
How do you check in with your friends?
Checking in can be as simple as a short message that says:
- “I thought of you and just wanted to say hi.”
- “You crossed my mind, and I know you’ve been struggling, so I wanted to let you know I’m here if you need to vent,”
- “Hi, so sorry to hear about _, and I want you to know I lit a candle for you today.
How do you respond to someone checking in?
How to Say ‘Thanks for Checking On Me’ to Close Friends or Family
- That’s so sweet! Thanks for checking in!
- Your text was like a virtual hug. Thanks for that.
- You’re the best! Who doesn’t like to hear they are loved?
- I appreciate your concern!
- Thanks for worrying about me and having me in your prayers.
- Thanks for telling me I’m special.
How to Politely Say ‘Just Checking In’ in a Formal Email
- I wanted to see how everything was going.
- This made me think of you.
- Let’s catch up soon.
- I wanted to see how I could help.
- I would love to talk about the project you’re working on.
- Take as much time as you need.
- I’ve been missing you and wanted to say hi.
How often should you text your friends? Checking in doesn’t require a lot of maintenance or even an immediate response. It’s the kind of text you should try to send your friends about once every two or three months. It gives a friendship texture and depth, and it’s a pleasure to receive. My rule of thumb is: If someone has crossed my mind and we haven’t interacted in some way recently, I check in with them to let them know I’m thinking of them.
WE&P by EZorrillaM.